This weekend’s DIM was super easy and cheap! I’ve been meaning to get coasters forever, but most of them have some cheesy farm illustration or ugly floral print. I love instagram and there are some really talented photographers/pretty pictures to be found there. So why not! Instagram coasters!
- To print a few of your favorite Instagram pics
- Ceramic tiles (found at Home Depot for 16 cents each)
- Modge Podge
- A foam paint brush
- Clear Sealent
- Felt circles
- I took a screen shot of my top 8 Instagram photos (On Macs: command, shift, 4) and printed them out from Staples.com
- Put one coat of Modge Podge on the tiles and let dry (about 15 minutes)
- Place the photos on the tile
- Add another coat of Modge Podge and let dry, again
- Spray the sealant on the coasters and let dry (about ANOTHER 15 minutes)
- Spray one more coat of sealant for extra waterproof-ness
- Add the felt circles to the bottom for scratch-proof protection
BOOM BADDBA BING! Instagram Coasters!!
Note: the day I did these it was really, really humid. I noticed that some of the Modge Podge was really sticky and never dried and peeled off a couple hours later. Make sure you do this on a regular weather day (not a day full of thunderstorms…)